Things to Do on Your Last Day in China:
1. Go to one last historic site – in our case, we chose the Chen Clan Academy, a beautiful house from an old Chinese family full of beautiful art work like embroidery with stitching so fine it looks like painting and ivory carving that is so delicate it looks like lace:
2. Revisit the Pearl Market for those down to the wire souvenirs you’ve been looking for the whole trip:
3. Go to TrustMart for any last minute needed airplane items, like extra wipes for Mia Grace. And if TrustMart sounds suspiciously like Walmart, it’s with good reason. I saw this sign above the live fish and turtle display case in the grocery section:
Pretty sure the Walmart at Beltway 8 and I-10 didn’t have a section like this the last time I checked.
4. Pack your bags to come HOME!!! And reach into your deepest memory to remember how to pack a diaper bag for an 18 month old for a fifteen hour flight. If you hear the sound of someone crying, that would be me sitting here on my couch in Guangzhou thinking about that flight!
5. Pick up your child’s visa from the consulate and pack it safely in your carry-on (it’s official – hooray! Thank you for praying!)
6. Go look again at your ultimate gift and thank the Lord one more time that you get to really bring her…Home.
Tomorrow morning we have an early car ride from Guangzhou back to Hong Kong and fly out of HK around 11. We land in Chicago around 2pm on Friday, the same day, and then take a flight to Houston, landing at 8:15pm. We cannot wait to see family and friends and finally have MG meet the people who have prayed for her and loved her along the way.
We love each of you so and are so thankful our next post gets to be from the USA!
The Baker 6